One of the great advantages of going to conferences and lectures is the high incidence of words spoken that are simply delicious! Just saying them is enjoyable...
- verb (used without object) - 1) to improvise; 2) to do or manage something in a makeshift way.
- noun - 1) a wall or enclosure, as of a fortified place; 2) the place enclosed (this is particularly interesting as it means pregnant in French).
- adj - of or pertaining to teleology, the philosophical doctrine that final causes, design and purpose exist in nature.
- adj - 1) stimulating interest as a means of furthering investigation; 2) encouraging a person to learn; 3) based on experimentation.
- noun - 1) falsehood; 2) an instance of lying.
- noun - 1) an apparition or specter; 2) a creation of the imagination.
- adj - 1) not yet fully developed; 2) just begun; 3) lacking order.
- adj - beginning to exist or develop.
*all meanings taken from dictionary.com, somewhat edited in places...